Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default How to capture Excel Save As dialog box?

The posted code will not display the dialog twice.

GetSaveAsFileName does not save the file, just asks the user for a file
name. The programmer has to handle saving the file.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Aruna Akella" wrote in message
this is showing Save (or Save As dialog box 2 times)... any idea on how to
disable them? I did try disabling events & also set cancel = true at the
end
- so that it will show only one time, but this didn't help - it didn't
save
the workbook...
--
Aruna

"JW" wrote:

On May 9, 4:15 pm, Aruna Akella
wrote:
My application is addin to Excel. I am trying to capture Excel Save and
Cancel buttons on Save As dialog box - so that I can call methods
relevant to
my app depending on what user pressed. Is there a way to capture those
events?

Thanks in advance!

--
Aruna

Something like this what you're after?

Sub foo()
Dim saveName As String
saveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(fileFilter:="Excel Files
(*.xls), *.xls")
If saveName = False Or saveName = "" Then
MsgBox "No name entered or selected or canel button pressed"
Else
MsgBox saveName

HTH
-Jeff-