Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Oldjay Oldjay is offline

Default Set name fails

Thanks
One more question I wish to save this file using the date in DateSave.
The reference cell J213 is formated as 01-May-07 but DateSave formats as
5/1/07 which does save correctly because of th /'s\

Is there any way to change DateSave to the format in J213?

BankRecords = InputBox("Please enter file name to save", "Bank Records
Backup", "C:\Bank Records\" & NameSave & "" & DateSave)

" wrote:

Hi
In VBA code you use
Set NameSave = Worksheets("Summary").Range("A2")
etc

yours is like worksheet function syntax.
regards
Paul

On May 10, 4:31 pm, Oldjay wrote:
When I try to run this code it fails to accept the "NameSave" It says <Method
"Range" of object'_Globle"failed

Private Sub CommandButton4_Click() 'Saves wookbook and exits

Dim NameSave As Range
Dim DateSave As Range

Sheets("Summary").Select

Set NameSave = Range("Summary!A2")