Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default PC to Mac macro speed issues

Hi John.

I do not use a Mac and cannot help you with your
problem.

It may, however, be advisable additionally to address
your question to the corresponding Mc NG:

microsoft.public.mac.office.excel

---
Regards,
Norman

"robotman" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm writing a macro that needs to run on a PC and Mac.

I have the code working on both platforms, but the Mac is incredibly
slower. What takes 20 seconds on a PC takes over 12 minutes on the
Mac! Another thing that takes 1 second on the PC, takes over 2
minutes on the Mac. The Mac is a new MacPro.

Most of the macro is dealing with transfering information from one
spreadsheet to another and formatting cells.

* Can anyone help me understand the speed difference and if there are
any tricks to speed up the Mac? (any webpages dedicated to this
issue?)

Thanks.

John