Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Randy Randy is offline

Default Hiding Columns with Merged Cells

Mark,

I've taken your advice about the .Select but am still having problems.
Below is a snippet of my code. Please advise if there is anything I can do
to correct this.

Thanks!

Randy

Select Case ProjectSize
Case Is = "s"
Columns("G:H").EntireColumn.Hidden = True

"Mark Dullingham" wrote:

It is the Select method that is causing you the problem.
Shorten the code by taking out the .Select and it will work fine -

Columns("D:D").EntireColumn.Hidden = True

Hope this helps

Mark

"Steve Pollack" wrote:

I would like to include instructions in a macro to hide a column.
Part of the column contains merged cells.
When I record a macro for the process I want, the instructions read:

Columns("D:D").Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True

However, when these instructions are incorporated into my macro both columns
D and E (due to the merged cells) are hidden.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.