paul

sure
=VLOOKUP(level,challenge table,MATCH(challenge rating,challenge
table,0),FALSE)
will find your rating......abc etc
=vlookup(level,exp table,match(challenge rating,exp table,0),false)
will find your experience points
or have i missed something?

paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"xmaveric" wrote:

Ok, what I am doing is trying to create an excel sheet that will tell
the experience given per encounter in our RPG game. The game gives
every monster a challenge code. It then has a table that says how
difficult each challenge code should be to a group, depending on the
group's average level.

So the Challenge Rating table is something like this:

Level Easy Challenging Extreme
1 A B C
2 A B C
3 B C D
4 B C D
5 B C D
6 C D E
7 C D E
8 C D E
9 D E F
10 D E F
11 D E F
12 E F G
13 E F G
14 E F G
15 F G H
16 F G H
17 F G H
18 G H I
19 G H I
20 G H I

And the EXP table is like this:

Level Easy Challenging Extreme
1 100 300 400
2 200 600 800
3 300 900 1200
etc....

So the first sheet is layed out like this:

Group Level:
Challenge Code of Encounter:
EXP awarded to group:

I want the EXP number to be filled in automatically when the user
inputs the group level and Challenge Code of the encounter.

Is there any way to do this?

--
xmaveric
xmaveric's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26440