Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Johnslg Johnslg is offline

Default format microsoft query data

Number fields. 329 rows were returned. I just sumed the last two from one
column for an example.

Before sum:
300
300

After sum (the last value being the sum):
-200
-250
-300

If I cut the block of fields and paste them elsewhere in the workbook, I can
work with them. I tried breaknig the link back to SQL Server but that didn't
help. I suspect there is some sort of calculation going on somewhere, but I
just need to treat these fields as general.

"Tim Williams" wrote:

What type of data were you trying to sum, and what does "whacked out" mean,
exactly?

Tim

"Johnslg" wrote in message
I returned several columns of data from a sql server db to an excel
worksheet. When I selected a column & tried to sum it, it whacked out all
the data. I don't know what it did, but it certainly wasn't a sum. How
do
you work with external data once it has been returned?