Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Help with conditional formatting in Excel 2010

Ian R was thinking very hard :
Hi

I have found setting conditional formatting the way I want in Excel 2003
quite easy but Im getting tied up in knots trying to achieve the same thing
in Excel 2010.

Simply put, I want the fill colour of a row to change depending on the text
value of column A in that row.

I have a data set spanning columns A to J and rows 3 to 50

Col A will contain the criteria text PAID or UNPAID or CHECK as required

So if A3 says €śPAID€ť then A3 to J3 has a blue fill, or if A3 says €śUNPAID€ť
then A3 to J3 has a RED fill or if A3 says €śCheck€ť then A3 to J3 has a green
fill
and I want this to continue down through the rows according to the text in
col A.

I hope this is clear.

Ive tried every which way but have got stuck and would greatly value your
input.

Thanks for your time.

Ian

So what you want to do is set up 3 conditions. The 1st condition to
evaluate 'TRUE' wins!

--
Garry