Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ian R[_4_] Ian R[_4_] is offline

Default Help with conditional formatting in Excel 2010

Hi

I have found setting conditional formatting the way I want in Excel 2003
quite easy but Im getting tied up in knots trying to achieve the same thing
in Excel 2010.

Simply put, I want the fill colour of a row to change depending on the text
value of column A in that row.

I have a data set spanning columns A to J and rows 3 to 50

Col A will contain the criteria text PAID or UNPAID or CHECK as required

So if A3 says €śPAID€ť then A3 to J3 has a blue fill, or if A3 says €śUNPAID€ť
then A3 to J3 has a RED fill or if A3 says €śCheck€ť then A3 to J3 has a green
fill
and I want this to continue down through the rows according to the text in
col A.

I hope this is clear.

Ive tried every which way but have got stuck and would greatly value your
input.

Thanks for your time.

Ian