Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Batig Ray Batig is offline

Default Time comparison problem

Greetings,

I am stumped with this one. It must be in the time calculation, however, I
can't seem to make it work. What I have is a workbook with about twenty
years of computer data for several variables. They are displayed like this:

Time Data6/28/01 0:58 -0.499
6/28/01 1:58 -0.499
6/28/01 2:58 -0.499
6/28/01 3:58 -0.499
6/28/01 4:58 -0.499
6/28/01 5:58 -0.499
6/28/01 6:58 -0.499
6/28/01 7:58 -0.499

What I am trying to do is write a macro that inserts a blank row at 6:00 am,
12:00 pm, 6 pm and midnight.

Here is the code I have tried:

Dim SCC As Integer, SCR As Integer, WCR As Integer
Dim TST As Single, TST1 As Single

SCR = ActiveCell.Row ' SCR is Start Cell Row
SCC = ActiveCell.Column ' SCC is Start Cell Column
WCR = SCR ' initialize Work Cell Row from Start Cell Row

Do Until Cells(WCR, SCC) = ""

'TST = Hour(Cells(WCR, SCC)) + (Minute(Cells(WCR, SCC)) / 60)
'TST1 = (Hour(Cells(WCR, SCC)) * 60 + Minute(Cells(WCR, SCC))) / 60
'TST = Hour(Cells(WCR, SCC))
'TST1 = Hour(Cells(WCR + 1, SCC))

TST = ((Cells(WCR, SCC) - Fix(Cells(WCR, SCC)))) * 24
TST1 = ((Cells(WCR + 1, SCC) - Fix(Cells(WCR + 1, SCC)))) * 24

If TST <= 6 Then <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< This comparison doesn't work

ElseIf TST1 = 6 Then
Cells(WCR + 1, SCC).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert
End If
If TST <= 12 Then

ElseIf TST1 = 12 Then
Cells(WCR + 1, SCC).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert
End If

I have marked the comparison dat doesn't work. Actually they all don't work,
however with the data set I have attached, that one would be the only one
that could work. I have used watches on TST and TST1. They show values which
should process appropriately, however, they don't. As you can see I had
several attempts with converting the date to an hour, however, all were
unsuccessful. So I have to believe that it is something wrong in the way I
am comparing the hour and the 6, etc.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ray