Dana DeLouis

What is the form of the input required for a Fourier Analysis? Can
someone
provide an example?

Hi. If I understand the question, the most common form of input is just
real numbers like 3, 4, 5.3, etc.
However, Excel's FFt can also work with complex data as well. Other
examples of data input can be:
=COMPLEX(3,4,"i")
or
=COMPLEX(3,4,"j")

Just keep the i or j consistent. They can't be mixed. Note that i is the
default if not given.
You can also work with just imaginary data also as in other Fft programs:
=COMPLEX(0,7)

You can also work with string input if it represents a complex number:
="3+4i"
or
="8i"
(or ="8j" if you prefer "j". I personally like default of "i" to keep it
consistent with certain other programs.)

Note that Excel uses a Radix-2 algorithm, so the data size must be 2^n,
where n is a positive integer 1-12. (Max of 4,096)

HTH. :)
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003