Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Richard R.[_2_] Richard R.[_2_] is offline

Default Unable to prevent copy/paste of protected worksheet into new d

Well, i found something else: Kalim's suggestion worked. However when the
macro disable the copy fonction, it doesn't turn it back on when you close
the workbook. How can this be avoid?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard R.

"Richard R." wrote:

Thanks much Halim.
It works well. However, do you know how to hide or prevent macros from being
seen or edited?

Thanks again!

Richard R.

"Halim" wrote:

Sory should be add 'On error resume next' before code...
Sub DisableCopy()
On Error Resume Next
For Each ctl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=19)
ctl.Enabled = 0
Next ctl
Application.CommandBars(1).Controls(2).FindControl (ID:=19).Enabled = 0
Application.OnKey "^c", ""

Halim

"Halim" wrote:

Hi,

You can try this one :
Sub DisableCopy()
'disable every copy button
For Each ctl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=19)
ctl.Enabled = 0
Next ctl

'disable copy button in the Edit menu
Application.CommandBars(1).Controls(2).FindControl (ID:=19).Enabled = 0

'disable Ctrl+C
Application.OnKey "^c", ""
End Sub

if you want to enabled them again change .Enabled = 1
and
change Application.OnKey "^c", "" to Application.OnKey "^c"

Halim

"Richard R." wrote:

I don't know if i'm doing something wrong but it still doesn't work!
Any advice?

"Mike" wrote:

try this
Sub protectActiveSheet()
Dim myPassword As String
ActiveSheet.Select
ActiveSheet.Copy
'Change 123456 to your password
myPassword = "123456"

ActiveSheet.Protect myPassword, True
End Sub

"Richard R." wrote:

I'm working on a price list which contains confidential information, i.e.
costs, which i have protected. Even when locked, if i select the entire
worksheet and copy, i can paste it in another document and everything hidden
and protected on the original document is now completely available.
How can this be secure??