Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Richard R.[_2_] Richard R.[_2_] is offline

Default Unable to prevent copy/paste of protected worksheet into new d

Thanks much Halim.
It works well. However, do you know how to hide or prevent macros from being
seen or edited?

Thanks again!

Richard R.

"Halim" wrote:

Sory should be add 'On error resume next' before code...
Sub DisableCopy()
On Error Resume Next
For Each ctl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=19)
ctl.Enabled = 0
Next ctl
Application.CommandBars(1).Controls(2).FindControl (ID:=19).Enabled = 0
Application.OnKey "^c", ""

Halim

"Halim" wrote:

Hi,

You can try this one :
Sub DisableCopy()
'disable every copy button
For Each ctl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=19)
ctl.Enabled = 0
Next ctl

'disable copy button in the Edit menu
Application.CommandBars(1).Controls(2).FindControl (ID:=19).Enabled = 0

'disable Ctrl+C
Application.OnKey "^c", ""
End Sub

if you want to enabled them again change .Enabled = 1
and
change Application.OnKey "^c", "" to Application.OnKey "^c"

Halim

"Richard R." wrote:

I don't know if i'm doing something wrong but it still doesn't work!
Any advice?

"Mike" wrote:

try this
Sub protectActiveSheet()
Dim myPassword As String
ActiveSheet.Select
ActiveSheet.Copy
'Change 123456 to your password
myPassword = "123456"

ActiveSheet.Protect myPassword, True
End Sub

"Richard R." wrote:

I'm working on a price list which contains confidential information, i.e.
costs, which i have protected. Even when locked, if i select the entire
worksheet and copy, i can paste it in another document and everything hidden
and protected on the original document is now completely available.
How can this be secure??