Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Piri Piri is offline

Default Different regional date settings in reports

Excel 2000
We extract data from an Access database into a spreadsheet. This data
includes dates.

We operate under NZL regional systems settings (similar to UK) but the
report recipients want the spreadsheet sent to them in US formats.
That is apparently because the spreadsheet is automatically picked up
by their system for analysis, and it is is spitting out our dates. At
that end of the process there is apparently no way for the date format
to be changed before it is processed. ie manually changing the
spreadsheet at their end first.

We can produce the desired format by changing our own system settings
to US, do the job, send the spreadsheet, then revert the settings back
to NZL when we are done - but this is a regular report.

That is hardly satisfactory and there must be a way of delivering the
requested "format".
I would have thought the a date is a date (an underlying value) and
the formating is merely a view of that value.

Is there a way of presenting the date in our spreadsheet (say as a
text string) that would be read at the other end as a date
"formatted" [US] in the way they require?

Any ideas appreciated.

WSF
ps not really sure I am making a lot of sense here.