Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Anant Basant[_2_] Anant Basant[_2_] is offline

Default Windows Scripting

Hi Nick,

I wanted to have the list of installed printers in a combobox, from where
users can choose the printer they want, and also I could limit the list such
that certain printers (color printers) do not appear in the list. If I use
the option of default print dialog box in my macro, it would list all the
printers available to the user, that is why I didn't want to use this
option.

Further I have found a script centre at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...r/default.mspx where I can learn more
about scripting.

Thanks very much for your note.

Regards
Anant

"NickHK" wrote in message
Anant,
What do you by "limit access to certain printers" ?
Presumably the user has permission to all the printers installed on the
system. Do you mean that certain files should only be printed on certain
printer(s) ?

NickHK

"Anant Basant" wrote in message

I was doing a project in Excel VBA where I needed to capture the list of
installed printers on user's machine and based on that I wanted to limit
access to certain printers. I have heard that Windows Scripting can help
tremendously in such tasks. Does anyone know about a site on the web
where

can explore more about this feature?

Thanks & best regards
Anant