Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Varoujan Varoujan is offline

Default Loop?

Thank you Gary for your answer.
But if I want to go to a specific worksheet, can I use a string variable in
the command
Worksheet("name").activate

TIA
VArouj

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com a écrit dans le message de news:
some examples:

you can use the index number:
Worksheets(2).Activate

you can also use a variable:
dim i as long
for i = 1 to 3
Worksheets(i).Activate
next

or for each:
Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
ws.Activate
Next
--

Gary

"Varoujan" wrote in message
Thanks to all !

The one that works for me is : Application.CountA(Range("A2:A50"))

Funny, but when used directly in the worksheet, the "range" word is not
necessary.
It seems compulsory in VBA !

Another question please;

In the command : Worksheet("Name of sheet").activate
Can "Name of sheet" be a variable ? an array variable ? must be defined
as "string" of course ?

Varouj

"Tim" <tim j williams at gmail dot com a écrit dans le message de news:
Try

Application.CountA()
or
Application.Worksheetfunction.CountA()

Tim

"Varoujan" wrote in message
Hi ,

I use excel but I'm new to programming, please excuse me if this is
trivial.
I have information on one sheet : let's call it Mainsheet and I want to
copy that info on several other shhets in the following manner.
The information on Main is like a database with the rows being the
records.
In the first cell of the row is one " name of the company".
I want to copy the information of that record on a sheet named the same
name as the company name and the info transposed in a column "B". the
top record labels being in column A of the company sheet. (I hope this
makes sense).
When I record a macro, everything goes well of course but Ias soon as I
try to make a loop to go through every record, I have errors.
Can someone please give me an idea of how this should be done ?
I already have created the company sheets, so no need to include the
creation of new sheets.

One additional question :
It seems that the "counta" function does not behave the same way when
in vba !
I get an error message whichever way I use it ?

Can I write :
For i= 1 to counta("A2:A50")
................do this , do that
next i