Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Limey Limey is offline

Default File name trauma.

On Apr 27, 11:35 am, "George Nicholson"
wrote:
Sym = Sym & "+"

"Limey" wrote in message

ups.com...

Thanks in advance for any help.
I'm creating a macro that captures a cell value and assigns it as a
File name. That is no problem. What I'm having difficultly with is
that I need to create a loop, which takes the file name, and amends it
by adding a "+" to the end of it, each time through the loop.
So the first time would be "filename+" the second "filename++".
Hope that makes sense.
Here's what I've been playing with so far
Sub test()
Dim CountZones As Integer
Dim i As Long
Dim z As Long
Dim Fname As String
Dim Rng As Range
Dim Sym As String

Sheet4.Activate
Range("b1:z1").Select
CountZones = Application.CountA(Selection)
Selection.Resize(1, CountZones - 1).Select
Fname = Range("a1").Value

For Each Rng In Selection
' Counts times through the loop
i = i + 1
Sym = "+"
' probably redunant but was going to increase the number of
"Sym" counts with this.
z = z + 1
Fname = Fname & Sym

Next

end sub
I'm probably missing something simple and having a brain f@rt ;))
Thanks
Dave

Mr. Nicholson if I was wearing a hat right now I'd take it off to you.
Thanks mate. :)