Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Range selection for macro

Instead of doing it all over, post your code for doing it all for
comments/modifications.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Emile" wrote in message
My spreadsheet has three columns with location, asset and value as the
headings

Location Asset Value
MRS Canadian Bond Fund A $25,000.00
MRS Canadian High Yield Income Fund A $222,757.79
MRS Canadian High Yield Income Fund B $215,462.95
MRS Canadian Small Cap Fund C $68,061.63
MRS Capital Yield Class A $71,569.49
MRS Income Trust Fund A $160,000.00
MRS Dividend Fund C $566,997.47
MRS European Equity Fund C $146,231.60
MRS US Equity Class A $187,678.56
MRS Etical Class A $50,000.00
MRS Japanese Equity Class A $160,413.63
MRS Japanese Equity Fund C $66,015.13
MRS Property Fund A $35,000.00
MRS Pacific International Fund C $109,642.22
MRS Property Fund C $283,445.52
MRS China Fund B $56,897.09
MRS US Large Cap Value Fund C $229,806.86
MRS US Small Cap Class A $163,777.34
Bank European Equity Fund C $68,037.07
Bank US Equity Class A $93,880.82
Bank Pacific International Fund C $13,508.69
Bank Property Fund C $42,863.05
Bank Etical Class A $48,488.21
GFS Canadian High Yield Income Fund C $52,000.37
GFS Income Trust Fund A $5,452.55
GFS Mortgage Fund C $62,191.50
GFS Property Fund C $45,911.96
GFS Mortgage Fund A $118.84
GFS Mortgage C $127,287.44
GFS Property Fund C $22,920.77

I want to be able to select all the MRS values and use that range to tell
me how much of each asset type (Fund A, Fund B, Fund C, etc) I have for a
particular location using the SUMIF function. The assets types are
fixed - I have 5 types. From this I would generate a pie chart showing
the breakdown of each type. I have been able to do this for the complete
range, but now I want to so the same thing using a macro for a mouse
selected range.

Next I would do the same for the values at each other location.

Each time I select the range with my mouse I would run the same macro
which would overwrite the previous data.