Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vergel Adriano Vergel Adriano is offline

Default Pass a range object as a parameter

Hi Clara,

to call sub procedures, you can use

Call SubName(RangeObject)

or

SubName RangeObject

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"clara" wrote:

Hi Vergel,

Thank you very much! Syntax I used is like "SubName (RangeObjcet)", it
doesn't work, but when I use "Call SubName(RangeObject)" it works.

Clara

--
thank you so much for your help

"Vergel Adriano" wrote:

Clara,

You would pass it like Range("A1") for example. The important part is that
the called sub or function must be expecting a range. To demonstrate, paste
the code below in a module. Run the test sub. You will see that Range("A1")
is passed to the two subroutines but PassTheRange gets the range object
because it is expecting a range. PassTheValue gets the default value because
it is expecting a string value.

Sub test()
PassTheRange Range("A1")
PassTheValue Range("A1")
End Sub
Sub PassTheValue(strValue As String)
Debug.Print strValue
End Sub
Sub PassTheRange(r As Range)
Debug.Print r.Address

Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"clara" wrote:

Hi all,

How to pass a range object instead of to pass it's default value?

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help