Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Karl E. Peterson Karl E. Peterson is offline

Default Clear Office Clipboard from VBA?

NickHK wrote:
"Karl E. Peterson" wrote ...
NickHK wrote:
That way you only have to deal with the Windows clipboard. As it can only
have a single object in each format, copying another picture <in the same
format will clear the previous one.

Afaik, the entire contents of the clipboard (all formats) are cleared whenever a
Copy operation occurs. At least that's generally considered "proper" coding, in
nearly every circumstance. Certainly, if there's a need to do otherwise, it
should be transparent to the user. Have you ever seen items *added* to the
clipboard collection via a straigt-up Copy operation?

Yes I agree with you, but perhaps my wording was not that clear.

Yeah, could be I'm misunderstanding.

If an app puts a bmp and a emf on the Windows clipboard, then you copy from
an app that only supports bmp, you will lose the jpg from before and only
have the new bmp.

JPG?

I was trying to emphasize the difference to the Office clipboard where you
can have more than one object of the same format at the same time.

I'm not very familiar with this Office clipboard, so that could be the cause of
confusion. But I don't see any issue with multiple formats on the Windows
clipboard. It's exceedingly common, in fact.
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org