Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Clear Office Clipboard from VBA?

Karl,
Yes I agree with you, but perhaps my wording was not that clear.
If an app puts a bmp and a emf on the Windows clipboard, then you copy from
an app that only supports bmp, you will lose the jpg from before and only
have the new bmp.
I was trying to emphasize the difference to the Office clipboard where you
can have more than one object of the same format at the same time.

NickHK

"Karl E. Peterson" wrote in message
NickHK wrote:
That way you only have to deal with the Windows clipboard. As it can

only
have a single object in each format, copying another picture <in the

same
format will clear the previous one.

Afaik, the entire contents of the clipboard (all formats) are cleared

whenever a
Copy operation occurs. At least that's generally considered "proper"

coding, in
nearly every circumstance. Certainly, if there's a need to do otherwise,

it should
be transparent to the user. Have you ever seen items *added* to the

clipboard
collection via a straigt-up Copy operation?
--
.NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org