Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Clear Office Clipboard from VBA?

Due to various annoying "features" of Office clipboard, I disabled it long
ago.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/207438

That way you only have to deal with the Windows clipboard. As it can only
have a single object in each format, copying another picture <in the same
format will clear the previous one.

And as others have pointed out, AFAIK there is no VBA access to the Office
clipboard.
The DataObject only lets you work with text.

NickHK

"theLuggage" wrote in message
I found some code on the web to manipulate the Windows clipboard using
windows API calls.

Is there a way to manipulate the MS Office clipboard?

Here's the scenario. I've got some code that parses through a Word

document
and copies all the tables and images from the Word document into an Excel
Workbook. The tables all work fine, but the images are sometimes

duplicated.
Instead of getting image 1 and then image 2, I get two copies of image 1.

Even though I clear the clipboard (using the Windows API calls) before I
copy the figure, sometimes I still get the duplicate.

I ran my code with the Office clipboard command bar showing and it looks
like the Office clipboard doesn't get cleared at all. To show the Office
clipboard, I'm just choosing View--Toolbars--Clipboard.

Is there a way to clear the Office clipboard?

Thanks in advance for the help!

(Forgive the cross-post. I'm not sure where to post the question.)