Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Control box/Command buttons

That wasn't sarcasm, just a request to help us .., but you take it however
you want.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Khanjohn" wrote in message
I said I do not know VBA so I do not understyand your sarcasm. All I have
asked for is help on gettnig the button to do that formula and do it in a
different cell, not sure why you can not understand that part, and
possible
an example and you have not offered anythign but sarcasm this time. Your
first post was I responded that I knew how to do that. So thanks for the
help.. Maybe some one who understands control box and the macro function
for
them can help me.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

You put that in VBA? Where? How? Give us a clue, we cannot min-read what
you
did.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Khanjohn" wrote in message
I understand that part but if I put in =INT(RAND()*(100-1)+1) nothing
happens, i have tried every combo I know and i do not knwo VBA at all
so
am very stumped. IF i get this figured out i am sure I can do rest on
own.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Control box buttons are event driven. If you go to design mode, then
double-click the button, Excel will create a skeleton button click
event
procedure that you can fill in.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Khanjohn" wrote in message
I understand how to make one but what i do not usderstand is where to
put
the
code to make other stuff happen. Here is example. I made a Command
Box
and
named it Random. I put it in F3 and it is set for a single click.
Now
what
want to do is get it to put a random number that is generated when I
push
the
button in F4. I know hwo to make the random code just not where to
put
in
the
box.

Also I want to put a check box in say H3 and if checked then a drop
down
menu ( I know valaditation list) appers for selection. How is this
accomplished. I'm such a noob!