Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
billgeo billgeo is offline

Default Cell format reverts to a custom date after change to General

I have several rows in a worksheet that are initially formated with
General (no number formatting).
However, when the user enters something like 3/8 or 3.8 Excel reads
it as a date and changes the input to its date equivalent and changes
the cell format to Custom d-mmm. This occurs allot in one particular
row as fractions are entered. I'm at a loss. I'm sure there is nothing
in my code doing this so there must be some auto format type of
setting control this but I'm unable to locate it.

Thanks for any insights.

Bill