Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jimbob Jimbob is offline

Default Formatting a TextBox on a UserForm

On Apr 23, 2:58 pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
Maybe it's not Format that's the problem.

This worked for me.

Option Explicit
Private Sub TextBox18_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
Me.TextBox18.Value = Format(Me.TextBox18.Value, "£#,##0.00")
End Sub

I formatted the textbox in the _exit event of the userform.

Jimbob wrote:

Hi all

I am really struggling to format a TextBox on a UserForm. I'm using
the following code on the Textbox change event, but keep getting - Run-
time error '438': Object does not support this property or method:

TextBox18.Value = Format(UserFormNewItems.TextBox18.Value,
"£#,##0.00")

I'm not experienced with 'Format' as every time i've attempted to use
it i've had similar problems. I've searched the group for a
resolution, but to no avail, i've also tried double quoting the ""£"",
but that diodn't work either

Can anyone please help

Thanks

Jim

--

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

I've tried daves suggestion, but that still returns the same error -
has anyone got any other suggestions, i've never been able to get
format to work