Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NormD NormD is offline

Default More Excel 2007 Speed Issues

I've tried it with both file types; there is no obvious difference between
the two in 2007. The same XLS file that crawls in 2007 flies in 2003. And
that's with the same AV programs. In addition, once the files are loaded
(which isn't the problem) AV is done with its checking as far as I know. The
slowness I'm referring to is just simple things like dragging a graph on the
screen or selecting one series out of three on a graph. It is nearly
instantaneous in 2003, and it crawls or stalls in 2007.

"ram" wrote:

Dear Wei,

Thanks for the response. I was wondering if you have been able to confirm
Norm's problem, i.e. do you see the same "slow" preformance as he reports?

Over the weekend I was at least able to keep my spreadsheet from "crashing".
Not sure exactly what worked but it seemed to be best if I saved the sheet
in 2007 format instead of "compatability mode."

One other thought was interaction of newly installed Excel with virsus
software. I am using MS One Care. At some point with One Care I recall a
message that programs may run slow as it checks all of the program files.

"Wei Lu [MSFT]" wrote:

Hello ram,

This issue is still under investigation.

I will update if any progress.

Sincerely,

Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support