Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
hazel hazel is offline

Default Sort Macro

Hi

Going to have a go now -- probably should have indicated I recorded the
macro in Excel 2007.

Will let you know how I get on.
--
Many thanks

hazel

"FSt1" wrote:

hi Hazel,
I copied your code and pasted into a standard module and my compiler freaked
out.
turned all the code red. so i rewrote it.
try this.
Sub Sort4LinesInColumn()
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Range("C2").Select

Do While Not IsEmpty(ActiveCell)
Range(Selection, Selection.Offset(3, 1)).Select

Selection.Sort Key1:=ActiveCell, Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
ActiveCell.Select
ActiveCell.Offset(4, 0).Activate
Loop

End Sub
I am using xp and this code sorted 4 groups of 4 lines in the same columns
..number and letters.
give it a try and post back if you have problems. do it in step mode.

Regards
FSt1

"Hazel" wrote:

Hi All

Below is the code for a sort Macro works OK no problem - the question is
that on the sheet there are 20 blocks of 4 line ranges all in the same
columns. How would I incorporate them in this little macro. Ranges are as
follows C2:D5, C6:D9, C10:D13, C14:D17 as so on down to ranges C54:D57

Sub Macro8()
Sheets("Lindop").Select
Range("C2:D5").Select
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Lindop").Sort.SortField s.Clear
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Lindop").Sort.SortField s.Add
Key:=Range("D22:D25") _
, SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlDescending,
DataOption:=xlSortNormal
With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Lindop").Sort
.SetRange Range("C2:D5")
.Header = xlGuess
.MatchCase = False
.Orientation = xlTopToBottom