Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Greg Wilson Greg Wilson is offline

Default CAN I ADD CONTROLX BUTTON TO CUSTOMISED TOOLBARS

Just in case my first post wasn't clear, from what you describe, you probably
don't need any code or toolbar at all. Just use the arrow keys while the
object is selected.
My code examples were only intended for general info.

I've done the same thing you describe with photos except I select them by
simply holding the mouse pointer over the desired photo (don't like the look
of the sizing handles). However, the code that translates mouse coordinates
to excel's points that allows identification of the selected object isn't
that simple.

Greg

"JASON" wrote:

I AM TRYING TO CREATE A CUSTOMISED TOOLBARS HOLDING SOME CONTROL X COMMAND
BUTTONS. EG OF HOW THE BUTTON WORKS AS FOLLOWS :

WHEN I CLICK ON THE BUTTON AND HOLD ON TO THE BUTTON, IT WILL CONTINUOUSLY
MOVE THE SELECTED OBJECT SAY A DRAWN RECTANGLE ON A WORKSHEET TO THE LEFT AND
WILL STOP MOVING ONCE I RELEASE THE BUTTON.

I NEED THE BUTTON ON THE TOOLBAR TO BE CONTROL X COS I NEED THE MOUSE CLICK
MOUSE UP EVENTS TO PROGRAM THE ABOVE.

THE REASON WHY I DON USE THE COMMAND BUTTON ON THE WORKSHEET IS BECAUSE WHEN
I SCROLL DOWN THE WINDOW THE COMMAND BUTTON WILL BE OUT OF VIEW. SO I NEED
THE BUTTON TO BE AT THE TOOLBARS SO THAT WHEN I SCROLL TO ANY PORTION OF THE
WORKSHEET, THE COMMAND BUTTION REMAIN IN THE SAME PLACE WHERE I CAN EASILY
ACCESS IT.

OR ANYONE KNOW OF HOW TO STATION A COMMAND BUTTON ON A WORKSHEET AT A
LOCATION SO THAT IT WONT MOVE OUT OF VIEW WHEN I SCROLL THE WINDOW?