Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Johnson Ken Johnson is offline

Default UserInterfaceOnly question.

On Apr 21, 11:53 pm, "Norman Jones"
wrote:
Hi Ken.

In xl2002+ the EnableSelection property can be set manually,
as a protection option, and will persist.

---
Regards,
Norman

Hi Norman,

It is persistent between sessions on my son's computer, but not on
mine.
I thought this lack of persistence was removed after xl2000.
Also, I need to avoid VBA (I will be deleting it from the SavedAs
copy) because the final workbook will be used where I'm expecting a
lot of reluctance to opening workbooks with macros.

Ken Johnson

Hi Norman,

I just tested on my son's computer and it is as you say. I made sure
the worksheet started out manually protected with select unlocked
cells and select locked cell, ran the code, exited excel and reopened
the SaveAs copy and all cells could be selected, so it does not
persist between sessions when set programatically, which is a pity.

Thanks for helping me clear that up.

Ken Johnson