Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
newguyA14 newguyA14 is offline

Default Predictions with Excell

Hi.
I want to create a spreadsheet that looks at multiple criteria to determine
the likelihood of something occuring. Specifically, a= 1,2,3,4 or 5, b<=
100,200,300,400,or 500 and c <= 10,20,30,40,50. Given these criteria, what
are the probabilities that a random number generator will pick a number that
= ABC?
Do you understand what i mean? I'm not trying to be vague, but I just came
up with the idea of doing this. I would say that I am of middling skill with
Excell. I'm not awesome, but not a novice either, so I can do some difficult
things but not too much. I will be making tables of the information to
determine the chances of each category. I need to know how to determine
overall probability of something happening, based on which of these things
apply to that object.
Example: Chair
Chair is blue. 10%
Chair is hard. 20%
Chair is wood. 30%
Overall likelyhood of choosing a hard wood blue chair - ?%

The actual parameters are as follows:

Code: A, F, B, PC, or MoE
Point Value: under 50, 51-100,101-150,151-200,200+
Trend: Up, Down, Same
Demand: High, Low, none
Type: Close, Distance, Strong, Support
Theme: 1, 2, 3

I need it to look at each of these and calculate overall probabilities from
the probabilities of each category. I hope i explained welll enough. I
relize this is difficult to explain.

Thanks