Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Macro not working in personal.xls

How about:

Dim s1 As worksheet
'....
Set s1 = activesheet

I'm gonna guess that you want your code to run against the activesheet--no
matter what that sheet is (or where it is).

wrote:

Is there a special rule in using call procedure macros in a
personal.xls project vs. a VBAproject assigned to a specific
worksheet? The following macro allows me to search col 3 until the
data runs out & parse out certain characters into col 4. This works
when the macro is setup for a specific but fails to run or give an
error when it's in personal.xls module. I have tried this in both
2003 & 2007 versions of excel. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Sub AccountType()
Dim s1 As Sheet1
Dim row As Integer
Dim sTemp As String