Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ufo_pilot ufo_pilot is offline

Default Remove Cell Contents Macro

I've just quickly recorded this one,
You can assign it to a button then just click on it. It will remove the cell
content if it says "Overall Results"

Sub RmoveOverallResult()

Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Find(What:="OVERALL RESULT", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:= _
xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows,
SearchDirection:=xlNext _
, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
Cells.FindNext(After:=ActiveCell).Activate
Cells.Replace What:="OVERALL RESULT", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False
End Sub

"Karen McKenzie" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that will have information pasted in daily from another
source. How would I set code to automatically remove every occurance of
"Overall Result" from Column A. I know this is a worksheet change Event
Macro but I don't know the code to search in column A and remove these
entries.

Can anyone help?