Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SummitXLer SummitXLer is offline

Default Which Excel Version Best for Creating New Applications or Add-ins?

On Apr 17, 7:05 pm, syswizard wrote:

NONE....unless you don't care about your code being stolen.
Listen-up: I've been in communication with Michael Worosz
] who was supposed to be the product
manager of Excel 2007, but (for some strange reason), no longer
is....and he won't provide the name of the new Excel 2007 product
manager....telling. I told him about the need for XLA add-in security
that is hacker-proof. He indicated this was a "new feature". YEAH,vance.

Thanks. I know Excel security is weak - always has been. And piracy is
plentiful with any
Office app. But let me narrow my inquiry. Say, between Excel 2003 and
2007, which would
be the preferred version for development of a new commercial app?
Considerations would be
backward and forward compatability for world-wide distribution, VBE
development environment
and protection, code stability, deployment issues, and the like. I'm
not concerned about ribbons
and sharing, but about stability, longevity, compatability,
usability....and such.