Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Jackson Jim Jackson is offline

Default Password Protecting a command button

My first thought would be to insert a message box in the button's code which
asks for a password. If the password is not given, or "Cancel" is clicked,
the macro will abort. You could either include the password in the code or
have the code refer to a cell on a hidden (and protected) sheet. I woiuld
even go so far as to have the font of that cell white so the password is not
visible to anyone who unhides the sheet.
--
Best wishes,

Jim

"newguyA14" wrote:

I need to know how to set a command button, which clears many pages of
information to be there, but only accessable to the right people. E. I.
those with the password. I don't want anyone to clear by accident. Is there
a way to protect only that button and leave the rest of the sheet accessable
to everyone else in the shared workbook? Can this be done with a setting or
with a string of programming. Please help.