Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default To thank or not to thank

Oh dear, when my English comes out like that it strongly suggests I should
avoid VB/VBA altogether until my not's get un-knotted!

If you were to have agreed with my intended contention that a small note, eg
a thank you or a 'that works', and if appropriate any clarification to
conclude the topic, is not a waste of time (the OP's concern) you may indeed
have responded with a Yes <g

Regards,
Peter T

"NickHK" wrote in message
Peter,
I was trying to work out if my response to that sentence should be a Yes

or
a No.
Maybe you should stick to writing VB/VBA, rather than English. <g

NickHK

LOL!

this doesn't read as intended -
At the absolute worst, I can't imagine it would not be a waste of
anyone's time to add simple follow-up.

delete the "not"

Regards
Peter T

wrote in message
oups.com...
Definitely thank - your mother would be appalled if you didn't!
Paul

On Apr 18, 9:39 am, "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions wrote:
At the absolute worst, I can't imagine it would not be a waste of

anyone's
time to add simple follow-up.

Also, "be concise", sure, but also clear !

Regards,
Peter T

"Francis Hookham" wrote in message

We post questions and you answer them.

The essence of posting questions is to be concise.

Should we therefore waste your time by posting a 'Thank you'?

I am not sure what is the netiquette in this case.

fh- Hide quoted text -