Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Lincoln Mark Lincoln is offline

Default Change dates from dd/mm/yy to 6 digits being ddmmyy

I'm guessing from your original post that you're entering dates into
cells. Is this true? If not, ignore me. Otherwise...

If I change a cell's format to ddmmyy and enter 4-17-07, the cell
displays 170407. What do you see?

On Apr 17, 3:45 pm, Stuart wrote:
I cannot get any of the above suggestions to work. When I change the
date formatting to ddmmyy it does not work for anything above
04/12/2007

Is this something someone can help with?

Kind Regards

Stuart

On 17 Apr, 20:38, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

Stuart

Not a macro but you could probably develop one from this.

=1000000+(YEAR(A1)-2000)*10000+MONTH(A1)*100+DAY(A1)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 17 Apr 2007 12:06:08 -0700, Stuart wrote:

The subject line is exactly what I need,

I do not want the dates to have any characters between them. I just
literally want six digits.

Our system cannot accept character only numberics.

If a macro could do this that would be amazing,

Let me know,

Thanks

Stuart- Hide quoted text -