Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mctabish[_3_] Mctabish[_3_] is offline

Default Here is a challange for someone... Needing to "step through" and combine data fields

Actually, it may not be a challange for you, but it is for me...

I have a worksheet that I am trying to clean and combine records.

In essence here is have I have:

ColumnBC ColumnCO ColumnCR
Pool | home1 | agent1
FirePlace | home1 | agent1
FirePlace,RV | home2 | agent1

What I want to do, is to step through column CO, and while Column CO = the
current value, to create a new column (CS) and put the combine value of BC
into the bottom most entry, and then mark the rows with incomplete entries
with a "X" in column CT (better would be a unique ID for that property)
ColumnCO is actually a cancatnation of about 10 different fields and then
being sorted. ColumnBC is different features. Sometimes one per line, and
other times multible. Any one of them may be included in items above or
below for the same home

ColumnBC ColumnCO ColumnCR ColumnCS ColumnCT
Pool | home1 | agent1 |
FirePlace | home1 | agent1 | Pool, Fireplace|
FirePlace,RV | home2 | agent1 |Fireplace, RV |

This is pretty simplified, as I have to do this about six different levels,
but once I see how this is done once, I can copy it to work for the others.

Thanks
Mc