Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Khanjohn Khanjohn is offline

Default Need Help am Brain Dead today.

Ok i have worked it and found no matter if its a number or text it has to be
in ascendign order to get the result next to it. How do I make ti match what
is in A5 and get what is next to a5 as the value or text in A5 may change?

"NickHK" wrote:

=VLOOKUP(A5,C3:F4,2,TRUE)

NickHK

"Khanjohn" wrote in message
I know how this works and why

=index(CostList!$A$1:$E$200,Match($A54,CostList!$A $1:$A$200,0),Match($M$1,Co
stList!$A$1:$E$1,0))
but now I have confused my self to the point i can not progress. What I

need
to do is look up a single Cell, Match it to a column and then get the
result from the next column. Like Following.

A5 Butter C3 Milk 2
D3 Cream 14
E3 Butter

7
F3 Cheese 3

B5 Result (7).

I have tried Lookup, VLOOKup etc and nothign happens. Any help to Unstick

me
as I am nto starting to do alot of single lookup verse 1 to many columns.

BTW
the result shold be 7. I dont need the (). I have no problem with

matching
2 items liek above but single have me stumped. Thanks in advance.