Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default What is fastest? "If .LineStyle < xlContinuous ..." or ".LineStyle = xlContinuous" ??

But you use IsNull(). That might make a different.

Absolutely, when checking for the possibility of mixed formats in a
multicell range

You could do this -

If isNull(.LineStyle) Then
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
Elseif < xlContinuous then
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
End If

But you asked for speed, it's probably faster to assign the format value
(possibly Null) to a variant first to avoid reading the format twice as I
suggested. Reading cell formats is relatively slow though not as slow as
applying formats (avoid applying altogether if they don't need changing).

Regards,
Peter T

"tskogstrom" wrote in message
ps.com...
OK, now I understand, maybe ... ,

I tried this but didn't made it work. I used:

With rngForm.Borders(xlEdgeTop)
If .LineStyle < xlContinuous Then
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
End If
If .Weight < xlMedium Then
.Weight = xlMedium
End If
If .Color < RGB(255, 0, 0) Then
.Color = RGB(255, 0, 0)
End If
End With

... but if rng had several border ranges, it passed by. But you use
IsNull(). That might make a different.

Kind regards
Tskogstrom