Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default User selection of folder and open all .xls files within folder

Just an addendum to Bob's reply:

Application.FileDialog was added in xl2002 (IIRC).

And I think Bob wanted to declare oFSO at the top of the module.

Bob Phillips wrote:

Here is one simple way

Sub LoopFolders()

With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
.Show

selectFiles .SelectedItems(1)

End With

Set oFSO = Nothing

End Sub

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub selectFiles(sPath)
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dim Folder As Object
Dim Files As Object
Dim file As Object
Dim fldr

Set Folder = oFSO.GetFolder(sPath)

For Each fldr In Folder.Subfolders
selectFiles fldr.Path
Next fldr

For Each file In Folder.Files
If file.Type = "Microsoft Excel Worksheet" Then
Workbooks.Open Filename:=file.Path
End If
Next file

HTH

Bob

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I need to allow the user to select a folder so that .xls files meeting a
specific file naming convention can be opened. I know how to create an
array of workbooks based upon that naming convention, but I've not been
successful in allowing the user to select a folder. How should I code
this?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

--