Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dickie dickie is offline

Default Saving workbook causes new sheet and lockup

OK I think I found the problem. I looked in the Project Explorer and
found there was a Module 1, 11 and 12. Modules 11 and 12 had nothing
in them but the Option Explicit declarations. After I removed 11 & 12,
I was able to run the code in Module 1 and save the workbook without
another disaster.

I think Module 11 & 12 snuk in when I tried to copy code from one
workbook to another. I don't really understand yet about projects.
Does this make sense?

On Apr 13, 3:06 pm, "dickie" wrote:
Barb, I have nothing in the VBA code about saving. This happens when I
try to save the XL workbook. It isn't happening with the XL workbooks
where I don't use VBA.

On Apr 13, 2:24 pm, Barb Reinhardt

wrote:
I'm wondering what you have as "Workbook_BeforeSave" code.

"dickie" wrote:
When I attempt to "save as", or Ctrl-S, certain of my Excel 97
workbooks, this results in a new sheet tab named Module 12 appearing.
If I right click on this tab and select delete, the tab dissappears
and I can continue to work in that workbook. Any other action locks up
the Excel program and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del and End Task, lose
whatever I've done.

This is quit vexing and I would be most appreciative of any and all
advice and help!- Hide quoted text -