Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Coleman John Coleman is offline

Default Excel: Self-updating cell

I just noticed how in your post you talked about wanting a *cell* with
this property. If you want to restrict to a single cell (say A1) , no
problem - just check the address of the Target in the If statement
(note the dollar signs):

Application.EnableEvents = False
If IsNumeric(Target) And Target.HasFormula = False _
And Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
Target.Value = 0.1 * Target.Value
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

On Apr 13, 11:31 am, "John Coleman" wrote:
Maybe this (to be put in the sheet's code module):

Application.EnableEvents = False
If IsNumeric(Target) And Target.HasFormula = False Then
Target.Value = 0.1 * Target.Value
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

*******************

I wrote it so that if *the user* enters a number then that number is
automatically multiplied by 0.1 but that if a formula changes the
value of a cell then that value is left alone.

Hope that helps

-John Coleman

On Apr 13, 10:04 am, wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to make a cell so when a user puts 7 to a cell and it
automatically changes to 0.7 by multiplying 0.1 to the value it has
received and show the result in the same cell?

I thought I might be able to utilize the data validation functionality
but couldn't get it to work.

Thanks in advance,
Chan- Hide quoted text -