Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Using CASE Statement to Derive Months from Numeric Dates

If your date is in A1, this formula returns the month:

=TEXT(A1,"mmmm")

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Jennifer Cali" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a list of hire dates that I need to group by month. I've included
in
the macro to convert the dates from text column using the "\" as a
delimiter (ex: 1\1\2007 would be split into three columns...the month
column
now houses a 1, the day column houses a 1, and the year column houses a
2007). I then want a case statement in the macro that will change all the
months in the month column that begin with a 1 to January, a 2 to
February,
and so on. The month column is currently my column D, and I plan on
deleting
the day and year columns as they are not needed...I just need hire dates
grouped by the month that the hire occurred in.
--
Thank you! - Jennifer