Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] thewritings@googlemail.com is offline

Default Updating Links Error on Buttons that call up Macros

Hi All,
I having been using the following code, in Thisworkbook, to update all
the links on opening the workbook.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:=ActiveWorkbook.LinkSources
End Sub

This was working fine until I decided to move the macros from the
active workbook to the linked file called DAT.xls and call these
macros via buttons on the workbook with the code above.

Now whenever I open the file I get error messages that it cannot find
the macros in the DATA.xls file.

It is suggesting two possible reasons
1) the name you specified may not be defined

I think I can rule this one out because the macros still work.

2) The name you specified is defined as somthing other than a
retangular cell reference.

No Idear what that means.

Can anyone help to reslove this.

Much Appreciated