Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Defaults for 'Find'

Hi Kirk,

As Dave says the Find arguments are 'remembered', To reset as you want in
future, record a macro, do Edit Find setting the arguments as you want
with an empty 'Find what'. Adapt the recorded macro -

Dim rng as Range
on error resume next
Set rng = ActiveSheet.Cells.Find(recorded macro arguments)

Regards,
Peter T

"kirkm" wrote in message
When using Excel I click on 'Ctrl + F' to bring up the 'Find' box,
originally in the 'Look In' box the default setting came up as
'Formulas' now for some reason it has changed to 'Values' and I have
to keep changing it. Does anyone know how to revert the default
setting to 'Formulas'
Any help appreciated.

Thanks - Kirk