Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Default application.screenupdating = false not working

Hi Sabre -

The ScreenUpdating property always displays a value of true when you query
its value within the VB Editor. This and other application properties
(ScreenUpdating, EnableEvents, etc.) always show a True value even when
you've set them to False (I don't know why). The proof of whether it is
working is if screenupdating is suppressed when you want it to be.
--
Jay

"Sabre" wrote:

I've got a dead simple bit of code where I switch screenupdating on, run a
small section of code (basically runs a routine that puts up a percentage of
progress so the user doesn't stare at a mental screen but still gets some
feedback) and then I try to switch the updating off again so that the code
can carry on.

Problem is that the updating isn't switching off, if I go through the code
line by line it gets to the '=false' line and it executes without any errors
but in the watchwindow screenupdating is still showing as being '=True'.

Never come across this before, any suggestions?