Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Greg Wilson Greg Wilson is offline

Default Bug - Programmatic copy/paste other sheet to activecell

Thanks Nick. I gusess my solution is as good as any other.

Greg

"NickHK" wrote:

Greg,
Yes, I see the same behaviour in XL2K & XL2002.
Seems to have been around for a while, possibly related to the mouse driver:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt

NickHK

"Greg Wilson" wrote in message
Does anyone have an elegant fix to the following:
1. Put text in any cell in Sheet2, say cell A1.
2. Select a cell in Sheet1.
3. Run this code:
Sub Test()
Sheets(2).Range("A1").Copy ActiveCell
End Sub
4. Now select a different cell in Sheet1. I find that the black border
highlight of the former activecell (cell that was pasted to) acts in

reverse
- i.e. if you select it, the black border goes blank and if you select a
differenct cell it receives a black border. Therefore, two cells now have
black borders.

You can fix it with a kludge:
Sub Test()
Sheets(2).Range("A1").Copy ActiveCell
ActiveCell.Copy ActiveCell
End Sub

You can also fix it by scrolling until the cell is off screen and then
scrolling back; or seleting a multicell range that completely contains the
affected cell, and then select the cell.

If I don't receive a better solution then this will at least serve as a

bug
warning. Wondering if there is a more elegant solution (repainting?) or if
I'm missing something. Appreciative of your responses.

Greg