Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mr. Matt Mr. Matt is offline

Default Use Cell Values to Create Tabs with specific names

This is great, thanks a lot. The only thing I'd like to change is that the
last tab created be the last tab in the workbook. In other words, it would
be great if the first new tab were created at the end of all other existing
tabs and the rest of the new tabs followed that one with the final one being
last in the workbook.

Thanks again.

"Vergel Adriano" wrote:

maybe something like this:

Sub test()
Dim lRow As Long
Dim sht As Worksheet
Dim shtTest As Worksheet

lRow = 1
Set sht = ActiveSheet
While sht.Range("A" & lRow).Text < ""
With sht.Range("A" & lRow)
On Error Resume Next
Set shtTest = Nothing
Set shtTest = Worksheets(.Text)
On Error GoTo 0
If shtTest Is Nothing Then
Worksheets("Template Tab").Copy After:=sht
ActiveSheet.Name = .Text
Else
Debug.Print .Text; " tab already exists"
End If
lRow = lRow + 1
End With
Wend
sht.Activate

Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"Mr. Matt" wrote:

I'd like to create a new tab for each cell in column A that has a value in it
using that cell's value as the tab name. I have a tab that the new ones
should all be copies of named "Template Tab". I'd like this to loop until it
finds a blank cell in column A and then stop.

Thanks in advance for your help!!