mojitsu

Default How do I change the default cell formatting to be text?

I would like Excell to treat all of the cells as text even if they contain
numbers, all the time. Is there some way to do this? I am interested in
things like ($67,568) being changed to -$67,568 and things of this nature, I
am using test to columns and it is always trying to change the format, so I
would liek to be able to nit have to click through each column and change its
format back to text. in reality my bigger probelm is I would like to create a
document in which none of the content can be modified only the formatting.
thanks
Ian