Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Problem with Excel 4 macros (I think)

Didn't notice you had already answered that question.

I was intrigued as to why you only get the Excel4macro warning in XL97. Bit
of a long shot - Hidden Name Space (access disabled in later versions).

In the VBA code, can you relate anything to this page -

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/hidden.htm

Regards,
Peter T

Perhaps your workbook includes hidden Macro sheets. These are not in the
Worksheets collection, try 'Sheets' and/or look at Format Sheet Unhide
(if not greyed).

Regards,
Peter T

"Chris Wilkinson" wrote in
message ...
That part is resolved. I have tried unhiding all the sheets via the

format
menu, but find nothing. I looped through the sheets collection but found
nothing - but I still get an warning, when disabling macros, that there

are
Excel 4 macros that cannot be disabled. Where they are is a different

matter.
They do no SEEM to do anything obvious.

Chris

"Peter T" wrote:

So is the issue resolved, or are you still concerned about Excel 4

macros
you can't find.

Regards,
Peter T

"Chris Wilkinson" wrote in
message ...
Peter,

it was hidden. I totally forgot to check that.

"Peter T" wrote:

Another thought, do you have any Named formulas that include

Excel4
macros.

Also, a workbook must always contain at least one visible sheet,

even if
it's an addin or a hidden workbook. So indeed you wouldn't be able

change
the visible property of the sole sheet in the workbook. Is the

workbook
hidden, like Personal.xls (main menu, Window Unhide).

Regards,
Peter T

"Chris Wilkinson" wrote

in
message ...
hi,

I have inherited a spreadsheet that was written in 'Excel 97 but

when
try
to disable macros it says there are Excel 4 macros that cannot

be
disabled.
Where would I find them? There are VBA modules but I cannot see

any
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro statements. How are EXcel 4

Macros
executed?

Also, the spreadsheets opens another workbook by using a defined

name
called
Auto_open_logon which in turn calls a procedure in the other

workbook.
(I
had
never seen this before). The other workbook looks and behaves

exactly
like
an
Addin except that IsAddin is FALSE. It has one sheet which you

cannot
see,
although its visible property is set to xlVisible. If you try to
change
its
visible propery, you get a runtime error. (it is not protected,

checked).This workbook contains only forms and modules and an
unviewable
worksheet. Am I missing something? Is there an old pre-97 way of
making a
workbook an addin? Or is it a Excel 4 macro workbook - if that

is
possible?
It is driving me mad trying to work out why this workbook is

behaving
the
way
it does.