Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chris Wilkinson Chris Wilkinson is offline

Default Problem with Excel 4 macros (I think)

I got there too in the end with help from Peter. But could you tell me how to
find Excel 4 macros as I still get a message telling me that I have them and
they cannot be disabled. In fact, a pointer to an online resource would be
nice.

Chris

"Jim Rech" wrote:

Lightbulb. See if it's a workbook with its windows hidden. Window-Unhide.

--
Jim
"Chris Wilkinson" wrote in
| Hi Jim,
|
| thanks for the reply. When I said I see something, I meant that I can see
| that there are Forms, modules, etc in the VBE window. In the main Excel
| window there is nothing at all - like a proper addin. Also, I may be wrong
| that it was created in Excel '97. It could have be done in an earlier
| version. Unfortunately, I cannot send it - i'd get fired! If it was
created
| in an earlier version, then imported in '97 and the VBA modules added, it
| would have both types of macro. How would I find the EXcel 4 macros.
|
| Thanks,
| Chris
| ps could you point me to a resource for using/programming in EXcel
4 -style

| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| Is there an old pre-97 way of making a workbook an addin?
|
| Yes. Excel 5 and 95 add-ins were created via Make Add-in on the Tools
menu.
| There was no VBE and no IsAddin property. Excel 4 macros were put on
Excel 4
| macro sheets. VB macros with on module sheets.
|
| That said, this file cannot be such an add-in because (1) you said it
was
| created in Excel 97 and (2) you 'see' something. Add-ins are not
visible in
| Excel.
|
| If you send it to me I can probably tell you why you're getting the XL4
| macro warning.
| --
| Jim
| "Chris Wilkinson" wrote in
| message ...
| | hi,
| |
| | I have inherited a spreadsheet that was written in 'Excel 97 but when
| try
| | to disable macros it says there are Excel 4 macros that cannot be
| disabled.
| | Where would I find them? There are VBA modules but I cannot see any
| | Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro statements. How are EXcel 4 Macros
| executed?
| |
| | Also, the spreadsheets opens another workbook by using a defined name
| called
| | Auto_open_logon which in turn calls a procedure in the other workbook.
(I
| had
| | never seen this before). The other workbook looks and behaves exactly
like
| an
| | Addin except that IsAddin is FALSE. It has one sheet which you cannot
see,
| | although its visible property is set to xlVisible. If you try to
change
| its
| | visible propery, you get a runtime error. (it is not protected, I
| | checked).This workbook contains only forms and modules and an
unviewable
| | worksheet. Am I missing something? Is there an old pre-97 way of
making a
| | workbook an addin? Or is it a Excel 4 macro workbook - if that is
| possible?
| | It is driving me mad trying to work out why this workbook is behaving
the
| way
| | it does.
| |